BTC Direct is one of the fastest growing companies in the Netherlands. The crypto-sector is booming and there are endless opportunities ready to be explored. Would you like to be part of an ambitious and driven team in one of the most dynamic sectors of the world? Then this role might be for you!
Our team now consists of around 90 talented professionals, but we are still growing! If you want to make a difference in a young and dynamic company, then our organisation is a good fit for you. We are looking for people who are flexible and dare to take initiative. But we find it especially important that you can be yourself! We regularly plan the best company outings, such as sports activities or get-togethers.
What will you be working on?
You will be working on developing complex web applications in PHP 7.3/7.4 and designing the corresponding database structure. The team works entirely through the methodologies of Agile/SCRUM. Together with your colleagues you will divide the work into manageable sprints. You will develop complex web applications using modern, cutting edge PHP techniques and help build microservices, focusing on scalability and performance. In addition, you keep an overview of your code: testing, quality assurance, portability, maintaining architecture and performance. You’ll keep dependencies up to date. And finally, you are aware of the current requirements in the field of security. You can pick up tasks both independently and in a team and you will bring it into production. Do you have your own suggestions for improving our back end? We encourage your initiative!
What do we expect from you?
- You have +/- four years of experience as a Backend Software Developer
- You have experience with: PHP (>=7.0) experience, relational databases, knowledge of OOP in general, version control (Git), familiar with PHP frameworks like Laravel, Symfony or Zend.
- You have experience with high-traffic, high-availability websites and associated challenges.
- You have experience with the development of APIs in a microservice architecture
- You focus on delivering quality and maintainable code by designing and implementing unit and integration tests.
- Nice to have: experience with message driven systems like Docker.
- You are: a real go-getter, enthusiastic, structured, eager to learn, communicative and a team player.
What can you expect from us?
- A competitive salary, with the possibility to be paid partly in bitcoin;
- We find it important that you continue to develop yourself. That is why we make a personal development budget available;
- Pension plan through Brand New Day;
- Would you like to work at home from time to time? Then of course you can!
- A brand new Macbook, so you can work anywhere, anytime;
- Many activities outside of work, such as annual participation in various sports activities, get-togethers and legendary team outings.